Kratom, like anything else, only stays fresh for so long. For users who purchase kratom as they need it, you generally won’t see any issues with your kratom as you’ll likely use it before you begin running the risk of losing the freshness of your product. Users who prefer to stock up, however, should know how to properly store their kratom powder so that it retains its quality. But when it comes to storage, what exactly should you be doing? Here are some tips on how to store kratom powder that will help you in your kratom journey!
1. Look for the Right Storage Containers to Prevent Oxidation
Kratom storage containers should be airtight. Why? When kratom is introduced to oxygen and allowed to air out, the herb oxidizes and begins to slowly lose its efficacy. The longer you leave it out, the more susceptible it is to breaking down and potentially becoming contaminated as well, which can render your kratom useless and make it so that it’s no longer safe to take. No matter what you choose to store your kratom in, make sure that you look for containers that will keep the air out and preserve your powder. Containers that are tinted and will seal in freshness are the best options for your kratom powder.
2. Make Sure There’s No Moisture Near your Kratom Powder
When learning how to store kratom powder, one of the most important things to focus on is avoiding moisture at all costs. Like other powders, the introduction of moisture can result in mold growth. Additionally, moisture can cause the consistency of your powder to change. Always keep your powder in a cool, dry place!
3. Avoid Direct Sunlight at All Costs
There are a couple of ways that sunlight can damage your kratom powder. The first being that UV light has the ability to break down your kratom powder. When your kratom powder is introduced to UV rays, it can cause the alkaloids within the kratom plant to break down, making it less effective the longer it sits in the sun. Sunlight also poses an issue when there are temperature fluctuations between hot and cold, which can result in condensation within your kratom storage solutions and cause mold growth.
Those who are just learning how to store kratom powder may make the mistake of thinking that they can leave their kratom storage containers on the counter if their environment is cool enough. Always play it safe!
4. Buying in Bulk and in Need of Long-Term Kratom Storage? Follow These Tips!
Buying in bulk is great because it allows you to keep plenty of kratom on hand. However, it also means having to store your kratom carefully and protecting it against these various threats. Looking to learn how to store kratom powder for a longer period of time? Here are a few tips to help you get more out of your efforts.
- Use airtight storage, like vacuum-sealed bags, to completely eliminate the risk of oxidation. This will ensure that your kratom stays protected more effectively until you are ready to start using that batch. Once you’ve opened up your vacuum-sealed bags, you can then place your kratom into airtight containers until you’ve finished off that batch and are ready to take a new bag out of storage.
- Consider storing your kratom in the freezer to preserve it for longer. Although you can certainly keep it on the shelf, having dedicated freezer space for your surplus kratom can be a much better way to store it for long-term use.
- Avoid any odors that may come from your dedicated storage space. Some odors that you may find in your fridge or freezer can seep into your kratom, which won’t affect the efficacy of your product but can make it more undesirable considering that kratom is already known to have an earthy aroma that is not appealing to some users.
But when you’re figuring out how to store kratom powder for longer periods of time, just how long can you put it away? If you plan on using your kratom sooner rather than later, keeping it in an airtight container in your home for up to three months is a safe bet. If you want to use it within the course of a year but don’t plan on using it within three months, opt for a vacuum-sealed bag in the freezer instead. Your kratom will thank you for the extra effort!
Shop All of Your Kratom Needs Here at The Kratom Company!
Learning how to store kratom powder and shopping around for the right kratom storage containers is helpful if you have plenty of kratom on hand. Stock up with The Kratom Company! We here at TKC pride ourselves on delivering premium quality kratom products and benefits like free, fast shipping and superior customer service to help you through the process of purchasing your kratom powder. Discover our kratom now and visit our blog to learn more with The Kratom Company!