White Maeng Da and green Maeng Da are two of the most popular kratom strains on the planet. They come from the same genetics, and they share a lot of similar qualities, but they’re not exactly the same. For starters, they have different alkaloid concentrations and different recommended uses. If you want to find your ideal kratom strain, it’s important to understand how green Maeng Da kratom effects differ from white Maeng Da effects.
White Maeng Da vs Green Maeng Da
White Maeng Da kratom and green Maeng Da kratom both refer to the same strain—the difference is the vein color.
Maeng Da kratom originated in Thailand. The name roughly translates to “pimp-grade,” as it’s a truly next-level strain in terms of strength and quality. Whereas most common strains come from centuries-old genetics, Maeng Da was specially cultivated over several generations through an intricate process of grafting, or crossbreeding. Veteran kratom farmers combined the best Thai and Southeast Asian genetics to create an unrivaled super strain that’s unlike anything else on the market.
When Maeng Da leaves are plucked early in their maturity, the veins take on a white hue (white Maeng Da). When they’re plucked midway through their maturation, the leaves take on more of a green hue (green Maeng Da). But it’s not just the color that changes with age, it’s also the alkaloid profile. The alkaloids are the compounds responsible for kratom’s effects, the most dominant of which are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine (7-OH).
Young, immature leaves are rich in mitragynine and low in 7-OH. As the leaves start to mature, the 7-OH concentration increases. This is important as mitragynine and 7-OH serve two different functions: the former is known for its energizing qualities while the latter is associated with relaxation and physical comfort.
White Maeng Da vs Green Maeng Da Kratom Effects
Since we’ve established that white Maeng Da is made with immature leaves (low in 7-OH) and green Maeng Da is produced with slightly matured leaves (higher in 7-OH), we can anticipate the effects based on the differing alkaloid concentrations. Here is what many of our customers report:
- White Maeng Da Effects: A strong energy boost coupled with support for focus and concentration. Additional effects include mood enhancement and mild support for physical discomfort.
- Green Maeng Da Kratom Effects: A mild energy boost coupled with moderate mental relaxation. Additional effects include mood enhancement and support for moderate physical discomfort.
So when you break it all down, white Maeng Da is an excellent daytime strain that’s suitable when you need to be energetic and productive. Some users have called it the most energizing strain on the market (with the exception of kratom extract). Green Maeng Da is an excellent choice when you’re seeking a more balanced daytime strain that gives you a light energy boost coupled with mental relaxation and support for mild discomfort.
What About Red Maeng Da?
We’ve discussed the differences between white Maeng Da vs green Maeng Da kratom effects, but there’s another variety we haven’t yet tackled: red Maeng Da. Just as white Maeng Da is made with immature leaves and green Maeng Da is composed of semi-mature leaves, red Maeng Da is produced with fully matured leaves. The result is a higher concentration of 7-OH which is often reviewed by customers to mean a more relaxing feel.
Whereas white and green Maeng Da are both appropriate for all-day use, red Maeng Da is better suited for evenings when you’re looking to relax. Many users rely on it to address daily worries, physical discomfort, relaxation, and sleep. It promotes some of the more soothing effects that green Maeng Da is known for, but more prominently and without the mild energy boost that you would expect from green vein kratom.
Alternatives to White and Green Maeng Da
White and green Maeng Da kratom effects can be powerful, which is why these strains are perfect for experienced kratom lovers and for people who crave a higher concentration of alkaloids. However, for beginners and for those seeking a milder experience, Maeng Da may be a little overwhelming. If you’re looking for the same types of effects but with less intensity, there are a few other strains we can recommend.
- Green Vein Indo kratom offers an experience that is similar to green Maeng Da kratom effects. It’s still fast acting and strong, but it doesn’t pack quite as strong of a punch as you’d get from Green Maeng Da.
- White Vein Horn kratom is an excellent alternative to White Maeng Da. Its effects are energizing and motivating for beginners and experienced users alike. This variety gets its name from a genetic mutation that gives the leaves a unique horn shape.
If you’re looking for a kratom product that’s reviewed as more energizing than white or green Maeng Da, you might be ready to give Kratom Liquid Extract or Kratom Extract Capsules a try. Kratom extracts are made with highly concentrated alkaloids, giving you a massive boost of the active compounds you love. A little goes a long way.
Tips for Enjoying White and Green Maeng Da Kratom Effects
Whether you opt for white or green Maeng Da, there are a few final considerations to help ensure you get the optimal experience from your purchase.
- First, save your white Maeng Da for those times when you need energy. If you’re planning to go to bed in the next couple of hours, white Maeng Da isn’t your friend (and even green Maeng Da should be considered with great caution).
- If you can’t decide between white Maeng Da vs green Maeng Da, it’s best to explore each one individually and determine which gives you the experience you’re looking for. Our Pick 5 Kratom Deal allows you to discover multiple strains at a great price. With this deal, you can also compare Maeng Da alongside other popular strains.
- White and green Maeng Da both offer a powerful, robust aroma, so it’s best to start with just a little. Don’t go overboard. You can always adjust when you understand how the strain affects you.
Green and white Maeng Da effects are in a class by themselves. Try the strains for yourself, and see what we mean.