Finding kratom for beginners can be a difficult task. It’s not that the products themselves are hard to find. It’s just that if you’re new to kratom, where do you even begin? You’ve got red strains, white strains, Malaysian strains, Thai strains…Then you have to decide between capsules, powders, extracts, and other options in an ever-growing product assortment. It’s kind of like trying to order coffee from a high-end cafe for the first time. You’ve got lattes, espresso, macchiato, cappuccino…what if you just want a cup of coffee?
If you’re having a tough time deciding between the many kratom varieties out there, we’ve assembled this kratom beginner’s guide to help make sense of it all.
Choose the Right Kratom for the Right Mood
When choosing a kratom product for the first time, the first question to ask yourself is: What effects am I hoping to achieve?
- White strain kratom is known for being energizing. Users tend to prefer it as a daytime strain, relying on it for energy, focus, mood, concentration, and motivation.
- Red strain kratom is known for being relaxing. Many users depend on it for support with physical and mental relaxation, support for daily aches, and moderate relief from common worries and preoccupations.
- Green strain kratom is known for having balanced effects—not quite as energizing as white but not as relaxing as red. It offers the best of both worlds, but without leaning too heavily in either direction.
The vein color is a product of the leaf’s maturity level. Young, immature leaves have white-hued veins. As the leaves mature, the veins take on a greenish and ultimately a reddish hue. As the color changes, so does the alkaloid profile of the plant. That’s part of the reason why different vein colors can trigger different types of effects.
Best kratom for beginners: If you’re new to kratom, you might want to start with a green vein kratom strain. Since the effects aren’t as strong, you can get a general feel for how the product affects you. However, if you’re looking for a specific effect, you might prefer a white or red.
The Best Kratom Strains for Beginners
One of the most intimidating things about kratom for beginners is the sheer number of distinct products on the market. There are dozens of popular kratom strains available. Most are named for their country of origin. For instance, Malay kratom comes from Malaysia, Indo kratom comes from Indonesia, and Thai kratom comes from…well, you get the idea.
Though the strains are more alike than they are different, there are some nuances between the various strains. For instance, Bali kratom is commonly recommended for beginners because the effects are strong but they don’t knock you off your feet. Maeng Da kratom is sometimes recommended for more experienced users because the effects tend to be very strong. Indo kratom is another variety that tends to be on the stronger side.
Best kratom for beginners: Just about any strain can suffice if you opt for the green vein variety. However, if you’re looking for something more relaxing, Red Bali kratom is considered the quintessential beginner strain. For something more energizing, you might enjoy White Vein Horn kratom powder. Everyone has their own distinct preferences, though, so you might want to just order a kratom variety pack and compare a few different strains. Then you can truly find your favorite.
The Best Kratom Product Types for Beginners
There are a lot of kratom delivery systems on the market. The most popular are kratom capsules, kratom powders, and kratom extracts.
- Kratom powder is the most common product you’ll find. One primary advantage of powder is that it’s very close to the source. The kratom leaves are harvested, dried, and ground down into powder form, and the full aromas are still intact. You can buy kratom powder at The Kratom Company.
- With kratom capsules, you get a measured amount of kratom contained within a dissolvable cap. They give you a little less bang for your buck overall, but they require no prep work and are easy to travel with. They’re also super-discreet. The Kratom Company has a varied selection of kratom capsules for sale.
- Kratom extracts are also popular. With an extract, the plant material is dissolved and the alkaloids are concentrated. As a result, the strength is much higher than with capsules and powders. Extracts are typically recommended for experienced kratom lovers.
Best kratom for beginners: If you’re a beginner, it’s best to stick with powders and capsules. Go with kratom powder if value is your primary concern. Go with kratom capsules if convenience is your primary concern.
Kratom for Beginners: Additional Tips & Recommendations
Before buying kratom as a beginner, there are a few other important considerations. This kratom beginner’s guide wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t cover the essentials of how to shop for kratom:
- Start small. There’s no need to dive in headfirst. The important thing is to learn how kratom affects you. Then you can adjust accordingly.
- Shop smart. Unfortunately, not all kratom is high-quality. Make sure you buy all-natural (unadulterated, non-synthetic) kratom from trusted manufacturers with a stellar reputation in the industry.
Key Takeaways From Our Kratom Beginner’s Guide
Buying kratom as a beginner doesn’t have to be complicated. You just need to heed a few simple guidelines:
- Green vein kratom generally offers a suitable strength for beginners. Just about any green strain should suffice.
- If you want something more relaxing, go with Red Bali or a similar red strain. For a more invigorating experience, try white horn kratom or a similar white vein strain.
- Kratom capsules offer unparalleled convenience; kratom powders offer the maximum value. Build up a bit of experience before trying kratom extracts.
- Buy from trusted manufacturers and make sure that the products they sell are 100% all-natural.
That’s really all there is to it. Once you discover the wonders of kratom and find your favorite strains, you’ll be glad you invested the time and effort.